If you are feeling too lazy to prepare something for dinner, this Chicken Potato Green Bean Bake with green olives is for you. It requires only like 5-10 minutes of your active time and that’s it! The reward you get is a delicious marinade-soaked chicken with tender potatoes and flavorful veggies. Yum!
Today was one of those days when I was too lazy to do anything at all but still had to prep something for dinner because there was literally nothing to eat at all in our house. No leftovers, no ingredients for a sandwich whatsoever, no snacks, nothing! Like we say in our country (I don’t know if it’s international or not) – a mouse hung itself in the fridge. All I had was raw chicken breast halves, potatoes, and green beans. You don’t have to be Einstein to figure out that I had to combine these ingredients and make something proper out of them.
There, obviously, weren’t too many choices, so after a few minutes of thinking this Chicken Potato Green Bean Bake was born. I also managed (somehow) to find an old dusty can of green olives (still good, though) to throw into the mix. But first, the improvised chicken marinade was made and I left the poultry to rest for about an hour. It’s up to you how much time you will invest for marinating. I won’t say anything new here except the obvious fact everyone knows – the more the better.
When the chicken absorbed all the flavors from the marinade, it was time to throw it into a lightly greased baking dish. I started with a layer of potatoes on the bottom, then the chicken was arranged, and everything was topped with the green beans and olives. The last but a very important step was to pour the remaining marinade all over the ingredients. That’s it! How easy was that? It’s like 5-10 minutes of active time! Perfect for lazy chicks like me.
When I was preparing this dish I didn’t expect anything extraordinary. I surely didn’t think about posting it on the blog because, well, it was created in minutes and looked so simple. Oh boy, I was wrong. This chicken potato green bean bake exceeded my highest expectations. So delicious! My goodness. A few bites into it and I already knew that I have to share this creation with you, guys. Even though I was in that super lazy mood, I lifted my butt and photographed it. Everything for you, my dear readers. I hope you will love it!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley , chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 8 oz. (225g) green beans , fresh or frozen
- 4 medium potatoes , cubed
- 1 cup green olives
- Put the chicken breast halves in a big ziplock bag. Add the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, oregano, mint, parsley, salt, and pepper. Close up the bag and toss well. Leave for about an hour to marinate.
- When the chicken has marinated, preheat an oven to 400°F (200°C). Lightly grease a 13x9 inch baking dish and spread a layer of potatoes on the bottom. Now add the chicken and top with the green beans and olives. Pour the remaining marinade over the ingredients.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and potatoes are fork tender. Enjoy!