Calling all pasta lovers! There is no question that pasta dishes are one of the best comfort foods. Especially, when it doesn’t require a lot of time, effort or making a mess in the kitchen. This one-pan cheesy pasta bolognese is exactly what you need today!
No boiling, no draining – nothing! The pasta gets cooked right in with the meaty sauce which is so easy to make from scratch. Just keep in mind, you need a LARGE pan (the bigger the better) with a secure lid for this.
It’s hard to resist a heaping plate of this yummy pasta covered with delicious homemade Bolognese sauce and topped with cheesy mozzarella. Satisfying, flavorful, filling and comforting – perfect meal to feed a hungry family! You won’t believe how easy and delicious it is until you try it yourself! Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion , diced
- 3/4 cup grated carrots
- 1 lb (450g) ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 28 oz. (800g) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 oz. (340g) pasta (I used Penne Rigate)
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese , grated
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese , shredded, divided
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and carrots, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the ground beef and cook, breaking up into small pieces with a spoon, until browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Add in dried oregano, basil, and red pepper flakes.
- Next, add the red wine and stir to combine. Add Worcestershire and canned tomatoes, stirring to combine. Pour in the heavy cream. Stir to combine. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour in the water and bring to a boil. Add pasta, stir well. Cover pan and cook until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- When pasta is tender, gently stir in grated Parmesan and 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese. Scatter the remaining mozzarella evenly over top. Turn off the heat. Place lid over skillet and allow mozzarella to melt, 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately.