What can I say about these little guys? They are sooo cute and so damn tasty! I can’t stop eating them as I write this… Om nom nom…
I have been seeing so many cheesecake stuffed strawberries all over Pinterest and all those photos inspired me to make these little ones.
I love tiramisu. About five months ago I made red velvet tiramisu brownies, which were a big hit. Now I thought, why not to stuff strawberries with tiramisu? This combination sounded really appealing to me so I decided to give it a try. With some imagination and a little work, these tiramisu stuffed strawberries were a winner with my family!
The amount of the filling is enough to stuff 2 lbs of strawberries. If it is too much for you, store the rest of the filling in the refrigerator and use it later. Just remember, don’t stuff your strawberries more than 3 hours in advance, or they will get soggy.
These cute strawberries is a great summertime dessert. They are perfect to serve when you have a crowd. Trust me, they won’t last long!
Enjoy and impress your family and friends!
- 2 lbs large strawberries
- 1 egg yolk
- 2½ tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- cocoa powder, for dusting
- 4 ladyfingers, cut into thin slices
- Prepare the tiramisu filling. Place the egg yolk and sugar in the heatproof bowl, and whisk together until they become pale yellow. Set a heatproof bowl on top of a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the water doesn't touch the bottom of the bowl. Cook on low heat, stirring and whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens and forms a ribbon trail on the surface when the whisk is lifted (5-7 minutes). Remove from the heat and let cool slightly. Whisk in vanilla extract. Beat in the mascarpone until smooth. In a separate bowl, beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into the cheese mixture.
- Prepare the strawberries. With a paring knife, cut off the strawberry stems. Cut around the inside of the strawberry, to create a well for the filling. Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each berry and stand upright on the cut side.
- Add the filling to a piping bag and pipe into each strawberry, adding a little extra to the top. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Right before serving, garnish each strawberry with a slice of ladyfinger and dust the tops with cocoa powder. Enjoy!