Yep. You aren’t dreaming. This is the RED VELVET tiramisu brownies.
I know it’s hard to believe but it’s true. These brownies are heaven. Pure heaven! And they look ADORABLE!!
So, let’s start from the beginning.
Four days ago I was walking through my local supermarket when my eye caught a tiramisu in a shelf. Hmmm, when was the last time I made a homemade tiramisu?? Probably long time ago… At that moment I just felt I had to make it by myself.
But here I met the first disappointment – I wasn’t able to find ladyfingers at any supermarket. Well, I didn’t give up right away and made ladyfingers by myself!
When it was the time to make tiramisu I changed my mind. I didn’t wanted a simple tiramisu, I wanted something MORE.
Sometimes it happens.
The brilliant idea to make tiramisu brownies was born two days ago. I was watching TV, turning channels, and then I saw an episode of a woman who was eating a gooey chocolate brownie and accidentally dropped a piece on her white t-shirt. Yes, it was a washing powder ad! But it gave me a great idea to make tiramisu brownies!! Lentil brownies sounds good, but tiramisu brownies sounds like heaven!
Today I have these wonderful red velvet tiramisu brownies which are so perfect to me. I decided to add the red color just to make them even more specific. And I made it.
These little guys are a fun way to enjoy the flavor of the tiramisu and red velvet chocolate brownie at the same time! YUM!
Outrageously delicious… chocolatey… filled with coffee soaked ladyfingers, layered with rich creamy mascarpone and topped with cocoa powder and grated chocolate… Yes, this is the reality!
These bars are so elegant, they are perfect for any Valentine’s Day celebration!
My mouth is watering just thinking about them. Do you want a bite of this goodness? Of course you want it! These brownies are sooo good and so addictive… Sorry, but I don’t want to share them with anyone else. Just kidding… Or maybe not 🙂
I think you’ll love this recipe or any of my other fantastic desserts on the blog.
Red Velvet Tiramisu Brownies
For the red velvet brownies:
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs , at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter
- 2 oz (60g) dark chocolate
- 3/4 cup (170g) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring , or as needed
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
For the tiramisu:
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup (67g) sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (225g) mascarpone cheese , at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (125ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup cold-brewed coffee
- 3 oz. (85g) soft ladyfingers
- cocoa powder , for topping
- chocolate shaves , for topping (optional)
Red velvet brownies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, and lightly spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In another small bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Set aside. Melt the butter and chocolate in a large microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments until melted. Stir in the sugar, vanilla, cocoa powder. Carefully whisk in the food coloring (to desired color) until combined. Sir in the vinegar. Slowly stir in the eggs, then fold in the flour mixture until it is all combined. Do not overmix. Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for about 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Place on wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare a strong espresso coffee.
- Place the egg yolks and sugar in the heatproof bowl, and whisk together until they become pale yellow. Set a heatproof bowl on top of a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl. Cook on low, stirring and whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens and forms a ribbon trail on the surface when the whisk is lifted (for about 5-7 minutes). Remove from the heat and let cool slightly. Whisk in vanilla. Beat in the mascarpone until smooth. In a separate bowl, beat the whipping cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold into the cheese mixture.
To assemble the tiramisu brownies:
- Pour a quarter of the tiramisu mixture over the brownies and spread evenly over the top. Arrange the ladyfingers on top of the tiramisu mixture. Using a pastry brush, brush tops of ladyfingers with coffee until they are saturated. Pour remaining tiramisu mixture on top and spread evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle with cocoa powder and grated chocolate. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Cut into bars and enjoy!