These Strawberry Brownies make a perfect Valentine’s Day treat but they are great any time of the year. Chocolate brownies are covered with cream cheese frosting and topped with fresh strawberry chunks and some melted chocolate!
Valentine’s Day is the holiday we, me and my hubby, have never missed once since we met each other. No, not because we are hopeless romantics. Sorry to ruin everything right from the bat, ha! It’s just that my birthday is on February 15th so we kinda figured that the day of love is a perfect way to extend our celebration. Smart, huh?
On Valentine’s day, we make a romantic dinner and spend time together, without any distractions from the outside world. Not anymore, though, since our little baby boy was born, but I bet we will be sending him to grandma’s when he is a little bit older. Shh, he doesn’t know about that yet. While on the actual birthday day we spend time with friends and family. Everyone is happy!
I also have some sort of tradition to make a special dessert for the day of love. In 2014 it was Red Velvet Tiramisu Brownies and Pomegranate Glazed Chocolate Donuts, in 2015 Red Velvet Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes, in 2016 I was super busy with my then 3-month-old baby so we got something from a cake shop, and this year it’s Strawberry Brownies!
I already tested these beauties a few times throughout January and now I can say that the recipe is perfected. What? Where did those batches go? Um, I gave them to a good friend of mine. Yes, to a friend. I’m sure about it. Don’t you dare to think that they ended up in my mouth!
These brownies are amazing, I’m telling you. Not only they look fantastic, but the taste is out-of-this-world too. The foundation is intense chocolate brownies, which are covered with cream cheese frosting, which is topped with fresh strawberry chunks, which are drizzled with some melted bittersweet chocolate. Is it possible not to love them? I don’t think so.
Strawberry Brownies will brighten any Valentine’s Day table. You’ll see hearts in the eyes of your precious one when he will take a bite of this pleasant chocolate-cream cheese-strawberry mess. Seriously. You can even smear these brownies on his body and lick em off. Or maybe don’t.
I really recommend you to try these strawberry cream cheese brownies even if Valentine’s Day has already passed. They are perfect any time of the year!
For the chocolate brownies:
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 7 oz. (200g) bittersweet chocolate , broken into small pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the cream cheese frosting:
- 8 oz. (225g) cream cheese , at room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar , sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
For the topping:
- 1 lb (450g) strawberries , cut into chunks
- melted bittersweet chocolate , for drizzling
The chocolate brownies:
- Preheat an oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a 9 x 9-inch (23 x 23cm) baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and chocolate, stirring, until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes or more.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, and brown sugar, until blended. Add the vanilla extract and the butter-chocolate mixture and mix until combined. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt right into the batter and mix until smooth.
- Spread the mixture in the prepared pan and level the top with a spatula. Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool before spreading the cream cheese mixture.
The cream cheese frosting:
- Beat together the cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Add the vanilla extract and cream and mix well.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cooled chocolate brownie foundation. Arrange the strawberry chunks and top with some melted chocolate. Chill before serving. Cut into squares and enjoy!
Sarah @ Champagne TastesJanuary 23, 2017 at 11:14 pm
Normally, I only like brownies for about 10 seconds after they come out of the oven.. but these look SPECTACULAR! I love the strawberries on top.. that’s brilliant
JovitaFebruary 3, 2017 at 7:48 pm
Lisa | Garlic & ZestJanuary 23, 2017 at 11:32 pm
Oh, Wow! These are just beautiful! Chocolate and berries is such a heavenly combination, but this is over the top!
JovitaFebruary 3, 2017 at 7:50 pm
Yup, this combo is made in heaven!
JulieJanuary 24, 2017 at 12:14 am
Such a photogenic dessert. Yummy combination of flavors for sure.
JovitaFebruary 3, 2017 at 7:53 pm
I am glad you liked it, Julie!
swathiJanuary 24, 2017 at 12:42 am
Delicious strawberry and chocolate is awesome combo. I can’t say no to this brownies.
JovitaFebruary 3, 2017 at 7:53 pm
Who could? Not me, that for sure!
rikaJanuary 24, 2017 at 12:46 am
Look so delicious! I love the combination of flavors, chocolate and strawberries? yum!
JovitaFebruary 3, 2017 at 7:54 pm
Yup, these two go so well together 🙂
Heather @Boston Girl BakesJanuary 24, 2017 at 1:35 am
Oh I love chocolate covered strawberries so I know I would love these brownies!
JovitaFebruary 3, 2017 at 8:36 pm
You surely would, Heather 😉
Chef MireilleJanuary 24, 2017 at 5:28 am
Wow these look heavenly and yes perfect for v day
JovitaFebruary 3, 2017 at 8:37 pm
I am happy you liked them!
ElizabethJanuary 24, 2017 at 12:29 pm
How beautiful are these?! I’d be over the moon if my husband made these for me 🙂
JovitaFebruary 3, 2017 at 8:39 pm
I am not sure if it’s not too much to ask for, ha! But yes, it would be amazing 🙂
DonnaJanuary 24, 2017 at 5:35 pm
Wow, what a decadent treat for valentines day! Love the addition of the fresh strawberries – I bet it kicks them up a notch!!
JovitaFebruary 3, 2017 at 8:52 pm
Yes, fresh strawberries make a huge difference 🙂
GiGi EatsJanuary 24, 2017 at 7:11 pm
This is some beautiful food porn if I ever saw any!! HOLY MOLY!
JovitaFebruary 3, 2017 at 9:08 pm
Michelle @ Vitamin SunshineJanuary 25, 2017 at 3:25 am
These look crazy good! And I hear you on skipping the homemade stuff with a tiny one in the house! Those first 6 months were rough for me —
JovitaFebruary 3, 2017 at 9:10 pm
Yes, the first six months. I agree that they are the hardest. Then it’s a little bit easier 😉
CatJanuary 26, 2017 at 7:28 pm
Have you ever tried with white chocolate or milk chocolate?
JovitaJanuary 27, 2017 at 1:32 pm
No, I haven’t tried, but the chocolate can be highly variable, it depends on your taste 😉