Have you ever tasted chocolate chip cream cheese bars? If you haven’t, you have to try these ones because they are soooo good!
Mmm… I love cheesecake bars. When I add chocolate chips and peanut butter into the dough, I love them even more! You have to admit that these bars look adorable… and so DELISH!
I bet you want a bite, don’t you?
YUMMY! Seriously, if you like chocolate, you really have to try these bars!
Promise. You’ll love it!
- ⅔ cup (150 g) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup (125 g) peanut butter
- ⅔ cup (135 g) brown sugar
- ⅓ cup (67 g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (175 g) chocolate chips
- 8 oz. (226 g) cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup (40 g) powdered sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cookie dough: Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, peanut butter, and sugars, until smooth and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat to combine. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add the flour mixture into the butter/sugar mixture mixing well after each addition. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cream cheese filling: In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, egg, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread ⅔ of the cookie dough in the bottom of the 8-inch square baking dish. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the dough. With your fingers, crumble the remaining dough over the top. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until it is lightly browned on top and the cream-cheese layer is set. Let it cool slightly on a wire rack. Store leftover bars in refrigerator.