Hello Salad Lovers! Today I have for you a super easy and colorful salad, made with smoked chicken, mozzarella, canned button mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, buckwheat groats and mixed salad leaves. If you don’t have smoked chicken drumsticks, baked chicken drumsticks would also work well.
This delicate salad has so many different flavors and textures that work incredibly well together. Mmm… I love them so much!
I have made a wonderful arugula salad dressing that my husband likes a lot. Absolutely the best part is, it is so easy to prepare!
All I’m saying is that you need to try this damn delicious salad. I know, you will thank me later 😉
Oh, and don’t forget to PIN and share this recipe with your friends! 😉
- 2 handfuls mixed salad leaves , washed and dried
- 1 cup (170g) cooked buckwheat groats
- a large handful of cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 cup canned whole button mushrooms , drained
- 1 large mozzarella ball , torn into bits
- 2-3 skin/bones removed, smoked (or baked) and shredded chicken drumsticks
For the dressing:
- a handful of arugula , washed
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds , lightly toasted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ lime juice
- olive oil (amount depends on the thickness you desire)
- 1 oz. (30g) Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper , to taste
- Tear the salad leaves into bite-sized pieces and place in a salad bowl. Add the cooked buckwheat groats, cherry tomatoes, button mushrooms, shredded mozzarella cheese and shredded chicken. Toss lightly.
For the dressing:
- Place arugula, sunflower seeds, honey, lime juice and olive oil in small food processor or blender and pulse to combine. Add the cheese and process again until the mixture is smooth. Taste it and add salt and pepper if you need to. Toss the salad with small spoonfuls of the dressing, drizzle with some olive oil and lime juice and serve. Enjoy!