This time of the year Pinterest is crazy for pumpkin. So do I! Cranberry pumpkin oatmeal muffins, pumpkin empanadas and now – pumpkin mango bread. I can’t resist putting pumpkin into all kinds of goodies during the fall. Why should I? It’s so delicious and I adore pumpkin flavor so much!
This pumpkin mango bread is something new on our table this fall. Total yumminess! I’ve never combined pumpkin and mango in one dessert before, so I was very enthusiastic about making this bread. And you know what? This combination was a big hit at our house!
The recipe is simple and the result is gorgeous. This time I didn’t want to make any icing for the bread. I wanted something new, something with mangoes… After a lot of thinking I came to the idea of making mango curd. Yes, mango curd!
I really love this pumpkin bread with mango. But the most I love this bread drizzled with mango curd. So delicious, so colorful, so mango-ey… I’m sure you will love it!
Pumpkin Mango Bread With Mango CurdPrint Pin Rate
For the mango curd:
- 1 cup mango puree
- 3 egg yolks
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter , cut into pieces
- pinch of salt
For the bread:
- 2 cups + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour , divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs , at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mango , peeled and cut into cubes
- First make the mango curd (so it can cool). In a heatproof bowl mix the mango puree, egg yolks, honey and lime juice together. Set a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Make sure the water doesn't touch the bottom of the bowl. Cook on low heat for 10 minutes, stirring and whisking constantly. Whisk in butter, 1 piece at a time, and remove from heat. Cover and put it in the fridge to cool completely and thicken a little bit. This curd will be thick and pourable.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 cups of flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar until combined. Whisk in the pumpkin puree, oil, buttermilk and vanilla. Slowly stir in the dry ingredients. Once the flour is incorporated, stop right there. DO NOT over stir. In a small bowl, combine mangoes with 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour and toss to coat. Gently stir in mangoes into batter; don't overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 55-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool 10-15 minutes in the pan on a wire rack. Remove the bread from the pan and continue to cool on the wire rack.
- Drizzle mango curd over the bread slices just before serving. Enjoy!