It’s one of the easiest cookies I’ve ever made. Seriously. I don’t make these kind of cookies very often. OK, I’ve made them only a few times in my life. Until now. These little guys have changed my world in a good way! Super delicious cookies without almost any effort… Is it reality?
Yes, it is. You don’t have to turn on your oven to enjoy these wonderful cookies! Oh, how GOOD this sounds! Now, you don’t have any excuse to not make them.
I even decided to include some healthier ingredients such as coconut oil and honey instead of butter and sugar. I love how the coconut flavor combines with the Nutella in this little cookie. I am totally hooked!
These no-bake cookies need to be refrigerated so they hold together better. But if you’re like me and can’t wait – just eat them warm. They are good that way too!
Coconut and Nutella make my world go round! Do they make yours? You will just have to make some of your own and find out yourself. 😉
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts , chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup unrefined coconut oil (refined doesn't have coconut flavor)
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- finely shredded coconut , for topping (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix together oats, hazelnuts and shredded coconut. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the coconut oil, honey, cocoa and coconut milk. Stir until all is melted. Bring to a boil while stirring constantly. Once a boil has been reached, boil the mixture for 1 minute stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in Nutella, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- Pour this mixture over the oats and stir until completely moistened. Drop by tablespoon onto parchment paper or Silpat and sprinkle the tops with additional shredded coconut, if desired. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Store cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator.