These No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls can be considered a healthier dessert because of PB and dark chocolate. They are also really easy to make and taste like heaven!
Do you want to hear a funny thing? Many people in my country consider peanut butter to be a dessert spread, like Nutella. It is even placed near Nutella in a dessert section in shops. The majority don’t even know what PB is and have never tried it in their lives. I am not even sure if I myself would be acquainted with this amazing food paste if not for the blog!
Well, but I am. And I am spreading the word about it to my friends and family as actively as I can. They get really surprised when I tell them that PB is actually… Healthy. It’s packed with goodness: healthy unsaturated fats, fiber, vitamins, minerals, and the list goes on and on. Plus it’s delicious even for those who hate sweets!
Nowadays, when I need to make dessert for guests, I’m trying to add at least something healthy inside. If it’s pudding I throw some chia inside, if dessert needs chocolate I use dark chocolate instead of milk and so on. Such a psychological trick calms me down a little bit. It’s like I am committing a sin but a better one, ha!
The No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls I made today are that kind of dessert. They contain some powdered sugar and butter but… On the other hand, we have peanut butter and dark chocolate! It’s way better than just make the balls out of, for example, the already mentioned Nutella. I already talked about the PB benefits but dark chocolate has some too. It’s packed with fiber, iron, magnesium, and others. I am good at justifying desserts, right?
These little guys are also really easy to make. Mix the ingredients, roll the balls and dip them in melted chocolate. It’s not rocket science, that’s for sure!
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
- 1 cup powdered sugar , sifted
- 3 tablespoons butter , melted
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- a pinch of salt
- 3.5 oz. (100g) dark chocolate
- In a bowl, mix together the powdered sugar, butter, cracker crumbs, and peanut butter until smooth. Give it a taste and add some salt if needed. Chill the mixture for 20-30 minutes until it is firm enough to form into balls.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and start forming teaspoonfuls of the mixture into balls and placing them on the sheet. When done, chill for another 20-30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a metal bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Dip the peanut butter balls one at a time letting the excess to drip off and put them back on a baking sheet.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve. Enjoy!