This Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry has absolutely zero flaws. It is quick & easy to prepare, filling but light at the same time, and packed with veggies which makes it super healthy. Rice noodles perfectly complement the chicken and vegetables!
Yesterday, when trying to break from the usual dinner routine, I came up with something really really amazing. Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry! Chicken + tons of veggies + delicate flat rice noodles, all drowned in a homemade teriyaki sauce. 30 minutes of your time and this heavenly sounding dish will be on your dinner table! Easy, quick, delicious. Flawless!
I already posted the recipe for teriyaki chicken on the blog a few years ago (it will be exactly 2 years on December 20th) and it was great. I can’t even remember how many times this dish was made at our house. However, there are few cons about it. First, the teriyaki sauce in that recipe is store-bought. I prefer to make my own lately (it takes only a few minutes). Second, the recipe lacks one important thing I’ve been trying to eat more of lately – vegetables. And believe it or not, throughout all these years I have never thought about combining teriyaki chicken and veggies in one dish. Sometimes I can’t see what’s under my nose, ha ha!
This chicken teriyaki stir fry features garlic, carrots, bell pepper, mushrooms, broccoli, and green onions. How is that for a combo? I also wavered between simply cooking rice separately and serving it with the stir fry and throwing noodles inside a wok and cooking everything together. Finally, I went with the latter choosing a healthier option – rice noodles. People undeservedly forget about these gluten-free noodles which are way more convenient (require only 1-2 minutes of cooking).
I can say only good words about this stir-fry. It’s filling but light at the same time, it’s healthy with all the veggies, and the taste is incredible. This chicken teriyaki stir fry turned out exactly how I thought it would! Try it for a quick weeknight dinner and you won’t be left disappointed. I can guarantee that!
- 8 oz. (225g) flat rice noodles
For the teriyaki:
For the stir-fry:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil , divided
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 medium carrots , cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper , cut into strips
- 4 oz. (115g) . mushrooms , sliced
- 6 oz. (175g) . broccoli florets
- 1 lb (450g) chicken breast , cut into bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper , to taste
- sliced green onions , for sprinkling
- sesame seeds , for sprinkling
- Cook the rice noodles according to package instructions.
- Prepare the teriyaki sauce by whisking together all the sauce ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a wok or skillet, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and add the garlic. Cook for about a minute. Add the carrots, bell pepper, mushrooms, and broccoli. Cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes. Transfer the veggies to a bowl.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Heat the remaining tablespoon vegetable oil in a wok or skillet and stir-fry the chicken for about 5 minutes or until cooked through. Pour the prepared teriyaki sauce over it and toss until the chicken is nicely coated. Cook until the sauce reaches a simmer and thickens.
- Reduce the heat and return the cooked veggies and the cooked noodles to the pan. Toss well to combine. Sprinkle with sliced green onions and sesame seeds and serve. Enjoy!