There are three reasons why I love this dish. 1) This recipe doesn’t require a huge list of ingredients and belongs to the category “7 Ingredients Or Less“. It’s definitely a plus when you’re looking for a simple and delicious recipe. 2) It’s so easy to make. I mean, seriously easy. 3) And not only easy, but also quick. Spend only 30 minutes in the kitchen and you’ll get a delicious dish. Who wouldn’t like that?
This teriyaki chicken is definitely one you should give a try! Sweet, salty and slightly spicy – I just love the way it tastes and I’m sure you will love too! I decided to serve chicken with Soba noodles because they cook fast and have a silky, slightly chewy texture which I like.
This recipe is ideal for two, but you can easily double or triple it for a family! Enjoy and don’t forget to share with your friends!
- 2 boneless about 6 oz. each, skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 tablespoons Teriyaki sauce divided
- 4 oz . Soba noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds toasted
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cut 2-3 slits in each chicken breast to allow marinade to penetrate. Place in ziplock bag with 3 tablespoons Teriyaki sauce. Leave to marinade in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Cook the Soba noodles according to the package directions. Drain in colander, then rinse under cold running water.
- Heat greased grill pan on stove over medium-high heat. Place the chicken and cook about 5-7 minutes on each side, or until they are cooked completely through. Before removing from pan, brush the breasts with the remaining teriyaki sauce, flip and grill for 20-30 seconds to achieve a nice caramelized color. Brush the second side, flip and grill for another 20-30 seconds. Repeat glazing once or twice more to achieve desired color.
- While chicken is cooking on the grill, heat sesame oil in a frying pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add the cooled Soba noodles and stir fry for 1 minute, until they are warmed through. Add in the sesame seeds, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir well until everything is combined. Remove from heat.
- Serve chicken with Soba noodles. Garnish with parsley, if desired.