Stuck with new ideas of how to cook your chicken? Here you go. This prosciutto wrapped asparagus stuffed chicken will blow your mind! I have also added some mozzarella inside to give it some extra flavor. Oh, and did I mention that this super-tasty recipe requires only 7 ingredients?
The idea of this recipe came to me after finding the leftover asparagus I had from the Teriyaki Salmon recipe. My family loves prosciutto wrapped asparagus so I thought why not to turn this delicious appetizer into the main dish? It turned out to be a great success with my family!
This stuffed chicken may look very fancy, but it’s actually pretty simple to make and the taste is incredible. It’s definitely a must-try for all chicken lovers, especially if you are looking for that “WOW” factor! You will love the flavor combinations in this dish. I’m sure!
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves (6 oz. each)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 6 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 slices prosciutto
- 4 thin lemon slices
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place chicken breast halves between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound the chicken to an even thickness of about ¼ inch (be careful not to tear). Lay the chicken breasts smooth side down on work surface and season with salt and pepper. Spread each with ½ teaspoon of Dijon mustard. Spread ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese over the chicken breast and place 3 spears of asparagus in the middle. Repeat with the other chicken breast. Roll the chicken breast around the filling.
- Wrap each breast with a slice of prosciutto and secure with toothpicks, if needed. Place the stuffed breasts into prepared baking dish, seam sides down. Top each breast with two thin slices of lemon. Lightly brush the olive oil over the asparagus spears to help retain the moisture during cooking. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink inside. Remove from the oven and let the chicken sit for a few minutes. Enjoy!