My husband is OBSESSED with stuffed chicken recipes, so this is a perfect one to make him happy!
I made it on Sunday and it was SOOO GOOD… and so easy to make! Trust me.
Feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and spinach are the perfect combination for stuffing. The saltiness of the feta cheese goes perfectly with the slight sweetness of the sun-dried tomatoes and wilted spinach, which adds more color and flavor to this dish.
Start by cutting a slit in the side of each breast to form a pocket like you are going to butterfly them. Don’t cut all the way through! Rub the chicken with pepper, garlic and lemon juice. Due to the saltiness of the feta, the addition of salt isn’t necessary.
Now it’s time to make the stuffing for the chicken. In a medium bowl mix together the wilted spinach, feta cheese, and chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
Stuff 1/2 of the stuffing into each pocket and secure with toothpicks. We are almost done…
I fried the chicken breasts in a little coconut oil until they turned golden brown but you can skip this step if you want. Just place it in the prepared baking dish and cook for 20 minutes.
This stuffed chicken is absolutely yummy and goes well with a salad or roasted potatoes.
So… Dig in, and enjoy!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 clove garlic , passed through a garlic press
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large handful of fresh spinach
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes , chopped
- 8 oz. (225g) feta cheese , crumbled finely
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil , for frying (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking dish with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- With a sharp knife, cut a slit in the side of each breast to form a pocket. Rub chicken breast halves with pepper, garlic and lemon juice.
- Heat a skillet with the olive oil over medium heat, add the spinach and saute until wilted. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, mix together the wilted spinach, feta cheese, and chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Stuff the mixture into chicken breasts and secure with toothpicks.
- In skillet, over medium-high heat, melt the coconut oil and brown chicken on all sides. Remove.
- Place the chicken in the prepared baking dish and cook for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove toothpicks and serve.