The combination of caramelized pear and prosciutto is the one that I really enjoy. The taste of sweetness and saltiness along with the fresh arugula… I always feel the excitement of trying different flavors and textures.
And I never go wrong with this delicious combo! My pizza came out so good, yummy and full of flavor!! If you have never experienced this taste, trust me, you’ll be hooked!
This pizza is pure heaven. All of the ingredients worked perfectly together, especially the arugula – love its bitter taste!
I also added some blue cheese which gives the pizza its signature creamy and assertive texture and flavor. This is just one of my pizza’s secrets. 😉 If you don’t love blue cheese, you can substitute it with any other cheese of your choice. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different tastes and textures. You’ll be surprised by how frequently you find new delightful flavors!
Look at this! That is my kind of pizza. Total yumminess in every bite!
- 1 pizza crust, homemade or store bought
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ semi-ripe pear, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- a pinch of salt
- 6 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 oz. prosciutto, torn into pieces
- ⅓ cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups baby arugula (more or less, as desired)
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add sliced pear and cook on low for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add honey and a pinch of salt, and cook until they’re slightly mushy and lightly browned. Remove from the pan and set aside. Return the empty skillet to the stove, add sliced mushrooms and saute until they soften and release their juices (2-3 min). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Lightly brush the pizza crust with the olive oil. Sprinkle the crust with the mozzarella cheese. Spread the pears and mushrooms all over the pizza and cover them with the prosciutto. Then crumble the blue cheese over top. Bake for 10-12 min (or according to package instructions), until crust is slightly golden and the cheese is bubbling. Remove from oven and top with fresh arugula. Cut into pieces and serve. Enjoy!