Hello everybody! Can you believe it’s almost SPRING? Yay! I love Spring because it brings such a sense of new beginnings… Everything turns green, gardens bloom, the air smells cleaner and fresher, everyone just gets in a better mood!
I’m so excited for spring because it means fresh veggies and fruits are just around the corner! And I can’t wait to plant some herbs in my little apartment balcony. 🙂
This Spring feeling brings me a good mood which I expressed by making these colorful M&M cookies! They look so cute, aren’t they?
These little guys make me smile just looking at them! OK… all cookies make me smile, but especially these. 🙂
My oatmeal cookies are made with coconut oil and they have NO BUTTER. Coconut oil makes them soft, chewy and richly flavored. Mmm… These cookies are absolutely delicious! And the M&Ms make them extra special and so festive!
Love the taste, texture, and aroma of these cookies. I also love that they are quite chewy too. YUM! If you haven’t tried coconut oil in your cookies, now is the time. It’s a great substitute for butter and it has a lovely coconut scent.
I promise you will love these delicious coconut oil oatmeal cookies! So, go bake a batch of these goodies and enjoy yourself today!
- 1/2 cup (95g) coconut oil , solid, not melted
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk , at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (80g) old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup (110g) M&M's , plus a bit more for decoration
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat coconut oil and sugars together until combined. Beat in egg, egg yolk and vanilla. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix together with a rubber spatula or large spoon. Stir in the oats and 1/2 cup of M&Ms. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (about 2 tablespoons) or your hands, form dough mounds (I made 12) and place on prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. If desired, press a few M&Ms onto the top of each cookie dough ball.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until cookies are set but still appearing soft in the centers. Cookies firm up as they cool. Remove from the oven and let cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes before removing and transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store cookies covered at room temperature.