Hello everybody! Can you believe it’s almost SPRING? Yay! I love Spring because it brings such a sense of new beginnings… Everything turns green, gardens bloom, the air smells cleaner and fresher, everyone just gets in a better mood!
I’m so excited for spring because it means fresh seasonal vegetables and fruits are just around the corner! And I can’t wait to plant some herbs in my little apartment balcony. 🙂
This Spring feeling brings me a good mood which I expressed by making these colorful M&M cookies! They look so cute, aren’t they?
These little guys make me smile just looking at them! OK… all cookies make me smile, but especially these. 🙂
My oatmeal cookies are made with coconut oil and they have NO BUTTER (by the way, these instant oatmeal cookies have no butter too!). Coconut oil makes them soft, chewy and richly flavored. Mmm… These cookies are absolutely delicious! And the M&Ms make them extra special and so festive!
Love the taste, texture, and aroma of these cookies. I also love that they are quite chewy too. YUM! If you haven’t tried coconut oil in your cookies, now is the time. It’s a great substitute for butter and it has a lovely coconut scent.
I promise you will love these delicious coconut oil oatmeal cookies! So, go bake a batch of these goodies and enjoy yourself today!
- 1/2 cup (95g) coconut oil , solid, not melted
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk , at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (80g) old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup (110g) M&M’s , plus a bit more for decoration
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat coconut oil and sugars together until combined. Beat in egg, egg yolk and vanilla. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix together with a rubber spatula or large spoon. Stir in the oats and 1/2 cup of M&Ms. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (about 2 tablespoons) or your hands, form dough mounds (I made 12) and place on prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. If desired, press a few M&Ms onto the top of each cookie dough ball.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until cookies are set but still appearing soft in the centers. Cookies firm up as they cool. Remove from the oven and let cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes before removing and transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store cookies covered at room temperature.