This salad is one of my all-time favorites! I love to make this all year long. Spring, summer, fall, or winter – it doesn’t matter what time of the year it is. I just crave stuff like this.
Why? Because this combination of flavors is unbeatable! An absolute perfection! And I think you know that, too. Sweet grilled pears, salty prosciutto & feta, crunchy toasted pecans pair really nicely with the unique flavor of the arugula. This salad has a great balance of sweet, salty, and tart – all flavors at the same time. One bite of this will take your taste buds on a roller coaster ride leaving to want for more!
Just look at these photos… Don’t you want to dive right in and never come out?? Ahhh!!! Like I said, BEST salad ever!
For the salad:
- 1 1/2 cups ( loosely packed) baby arugula , more or less, as desired
- 4 slices prosciutto , torn into pieces
- 1 firm pear , sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1/3 cup feta cheese , crumbled
- 1/4 toasted pecans , chopped
- 1/2 small red onion , thinly sliced
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons honey , to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Spray with nonstick spray. Lightly brush both sides of the pear slices with the olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt. Grill until they have visible grill marks, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove from pan and let cool.
- In a small jar with a lid, combine the olive oil, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and honey. Cover and shake until mixed well. Taste, and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Scatter arugula onto a large serving dish or platter. Arrange prosciutto across the top, then add grilled pears, red onion, pecans, and feta cheese evenly around the platter. Drizzle with the prepared dressing and enjoy!