I love simple meals with a lot of wonderful flavors. Especially when they look so damn good like this one. Sorry, I just had to say that.
These stuffed avocado halves are gorgeous. Mouthwatering. Delicious. Delicate. Healthy. Elegant. Yummy. Mouthwatering… again! Oh man… They are perfect and I love them so much!
I made them for a light lunch but they would be perfect for a breakfast, dinner or a party appetizer!
This recipe is very versatile. You can use baked or cooked chicken. I had some cooked chicken breast so I just used it. Also you can add your favorite seasonings, depending on your inspiration that day.
The savory chicken and sweet corn pair well with the luscious and creamy mildness of the avocado and blue cheese, creating a wonderful balance of texture and flavor in each bite.
If you love avocados, it would be a crime not to try this one.
Easy, delicious and healthy, what do we need more? 😉
- 1 large avocado
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ⅔ cup cooked and shredded chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- ½ teaspoon paprika powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons corn
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped (plus a bit more for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add sliced mushrooms and saute until they soften and release their juices (2-3 min). Add shredded chicken, season with salt, pepper and paprika powder. Stir thoroughly. Turn heat down to low, add heavy cream and cook for an additional minute. Remove from heat. In a small bowl, combine the chicken mixture, corn and chopped chives.
- Halve the avocado and remove the pit. Season the avocado halves with salt, pepper and brush with lime juice to prevent discoloration. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Stuff each avocado half with the chicken mixture. Top with crumbled blue cheese and bake for about 5 minutes. Garnish with chopped chives, if desired. Enjoy!