Super simple and easy to make, this Chicken Macaroni Salad makes a perfect lunch or a light dinner. Packed with tons of veggies and tossed in a mayo based dressing, it’s comforting, filling, and crazy delicious!
*Note: This Chicken Macaroni Salad first appeared on August 27, 2014. Since then, it has become one of the most popular recipes on the blog so I decided to make a video for it. I hope you’ll like it!
Pasta salads are something I can’t live without. I mean, a simple veggie salad is great but throw some pasta inside and it becomes more comforting and filling, right?
Me and my hubby, we often make some type of a pasta salad for dinner when we are too lazy to cook something more complex. It’s such an easy and delicious meal! Like this Chicken Pasta Salad I want to show you today, guys.
This salad has something for all your taste buds! It’s slightly tangy with a bit of sweetness, creamy, crunchy, and full of flavor. This is one of those comfort foods that’s impossible not to love.
How To Make Chicken Macaroni Salad
As I already mentioned, this salad is so easy to make. The recipe has a few simple stages:
- Cook the pasta.
- Cook the chicken if you don’t have any leftovers or rotisserie chicken on hand.
- Prepare the dressing by combining mayo, milk, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the noodles and toss.
- Dice and chop carrots, chives, pickles, bell pepper, celery, and olives and add them to the pasta bowl together with the chicken.
- Now toss all ingredients together and voila!
By the way, there are no rules for this salad – you can always add more of any ingredient if you feel there isn’t enough. Just have fun playing around with the flavors!
Our salad is ready! Doesn’t this look yummy? You can refrigerate it until you’re ready to serve or… you can eat it right now like I do!
I love this colorful stuff! Adding chicken to this salad makes it hearty enough to be a light meal. It seems simple, but it’s definitely a must-try for you guys!
Chicken Macaroni Salad
For the salad:
- 2 cups (8 oz. or 225g) dry elbow macaroni
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 1/3 cup diced dill pickles
- 1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup finely diced celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped black olives
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- In a large pot of boiling lightly salted water, cook macaroni according to package instructions. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper, and whisk until smooth.
- Place cooled macaroni in a large mixing bowl, pour dressing and toss. Stir in chicken, carrots, chives, pickles, bell pepper, celery and olives (you can always add more of any ingredient if you feel it’s needed). Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving. Enjoy!