When friends come to visit us, I rarely make big, complicated dishes. Especially now, when all my time is occupied by my baby boy. That’s when appetizers come in handy. I usually put 2 or 3 different one bite snacks on a table and everyone is happy! The table looks good + they are comfortable to eat with a cup of tea, coffee or a glass of wine. A win win situation!
But there is one drawback. Well, the thing is, I don’t like repeating my appetizers too often. Yes, that’s me. I am an idealist and I always want to make the best of every situation. I really hate this quality of mine sometimes, but I can’t do anything with myself! That’s why I am always looking for new snack ideas to surprise my guests with. This time I’ve thought of a genius idea (ok ok, I saw it on Pinterest actually) – why not to put cranberry chicken salad on apple slices? So simple and looking so nice!
I made these cute apple slices yesterday when my sister was visiting us and they were a clear favorite at the table! Everyone loved them. The refreshing taste of crunchy, juicy apples pairs really well with the filling cranberry chicken salad, I’m telling you! My collection of appetizers that I plan to make more than once just got a new member. Undoubtedly.
If you want to make the salad even more healthy, just substitute mayo with greek yogurt. It is tastier with mayo though! Why do not-so-healthy things have to be so palatable, agrr! You can also have this as a standalone salad, not an appetizer (obviously!). It works both ways. Enjoy!
If you are looking for more chicken appetizer ideas, try these Chicken Nuggets with Mozzarella (which were a huge hit) or Chicken Quesadillas! Or browse through our selection of chicken tenderloin recipes for perfect game night snacks.
- 2 cooked chicken breast halves , chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted pecans
- 1/3 cup celery , sliced thin
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 2-3 medium apples , sliced into thin rounds
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken, dried cranberries, pecans and celery. In another small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice and curry powder. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour over the chicken mixture and stir to combine.
- Serve the chicken salad on apple slices.