It looks like I am getting back on track with the blog and I can’t be happier about it! I got used to the sleepless nights and crazily busy days with the baby, and somehow I find a little time to cook and photograph something from time to time. Hooray! Today I have something really really great for you, guys. Ready? Garlic Chicken Pasta with Broccoli and Prosciutto. I mean, can it sound any better?
Garlic chicken is a staple in my house. We make it every other week an we enjoy the hell out of it. One of the most favorite dinner ideas for sure! However today I decided to give it a little upgrade and toss some pasta in it. You can’t go wrong with pasta, right? But I went even further. I threw some crispy prosciutto and broccoli in it! If there’s some sort of doubt in your mind regarding whether this combination is good, believe me, it is SPLENDID.
When all these tastes mingle in your mouth… Perfection. Garlicky chicken, creamy pasta, crispy prosciutto, and a healthy dose of broccoli. That’s my way of making dishes healthy. Add anything you want: cheeses, cream, bacon or whatever, and top it with broccoli. Ha ha! If there is broccoli in a dish, then it’s healthy. Sounds good to me!
Guys, I can’t tell you enough how much I love this garlic chicken pasta. Give it a go and you won’t regret it. I think I’ll abandon my plain garlic chicken and stick with this pasta version for a while. My hubby is nodding his head in agreement right now. Enough words, go and make it right now!
P.S. If you love pasta dishes, try my Baked Ziti With Ricotta which was a huge hit and was repinned nearly 150.000 times!
- 4 oz. (115g) prosciutto, cut into pieces
- 1 lb. (450g) chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves, unpeeled, soaked in water to soften the skin
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon Worcester sauce
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cup broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed 1 teaspoon water
- In a large pan, cook prosciutto over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until crispy and browned (about 5-7 minutes). Remove from pan and drain using paper towels.
- In the same pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the chicken and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is golden brown, stirring from time to time (about 5 minutes). Add the wine, Worcester sauce, and bay leaf. Reduce the heat, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another pot, cook the pasta according to a package directions, until al dente. When 7-8 minutes are left on cooking time, throw in the broccoli. Drain.
- Remove the bay leaf and garlic cloves. Add the heavy cream, cornstarch and water mix, and Parmesan cheese. Add the cooked pasta and broccoli, and mix everything together. Top with the prosciutto. Enjoy!