Hey guys! I’m back with another delicious version of the lasagna. Last time I made the chicken, spinach and mushroom lasagna. This time I decided to make it with chicken, Alfredo sauce and zucchini. As you noticed, I love the chicken lasagna. Just love it. And I hope you will love it too!
The lasagna comes out cheesy, juicy and flavorful. The Alfredo sauce in this lasagna gives a wonderful creamy depth of flavor, which I love very much! I used homemade Alfredo sauce, which is truly finger lickin’ good, but you can use store-bought ones too.
I love to have some fresh seasonal vegetables in everything I eat so I added two layers of zucchini. The addition of zucchini makes the lasagna juicier. Mmmm… And I like it a lot! If you think it will be too juicy for you, then sprinkle the zucchini with salt and leave it sit on paper towels for 20 minutes to drain the excess moisture. For me, everything was perfect and super delicious!
If you have chicken left over and want to use it, I really recommend to try this yummy lasagna. I know that you and your family will love it! This lasagna recipe is the perfect dinner idea when you want to try something different.
So, enjoy and feel free to let me know what you think. 😉
- 9 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken breast
- 2 cups homemade or store-bought Alfredo Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion , finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cloves garlic , chopped
- 1 14.5 oz. (400g) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese , shredded
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese , grated
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 garlic clove , finely minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper , to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add the chopped red onion, oregano, basil and garlic, and cook over low heat until the onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the diced tomatoes, paprika powder and salt, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Mix the sauce with the shredded chicken and set aside.
- Cut off the knobby ends of the washed zucchini and thinly slice lengthwise, about 1/8 inch thick. In a large bowl, toss the zucchini with the minced garlic, oregano, freshly ground pepper and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine both cheeses and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9 x 12-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Spread a small amount of Alfredo sauce on the bottom and layer with 3 lasagna noodles. Spread 1/3 of the Alfredo sauce and 1/2 of the chicken mixture. Next layer the zucchini slices and sprinkle with 1/3 of the cheese. Cover with a layer of noodles and repeat the layering: 1/3 of Alfredo sauce, remaining chicken mixture, remaining zucchini slices and 1/3 of the cheese. Top with final layer of 3 lasagna noodles. Spread the remaining sauce over the top and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 35 minutes. Remove the foil and bake uncovered for another 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown, or as desired. Let the lasagna sit for about 5 minutes before slicing and serving. ENJOY!