Artichoke Pesto Pasta
This super easy-to-make yet sophisticated pasta dish features freshly made artichoke pesto, mozzarella balls, sun-dried tomatoes, and black olives. A perfect choice for a weeknight dinner!
Servings: 8 people
For the Artichoke Pesto:
- 10 oz. (280g) jar oil-packed artichokes , drained
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves , lightly packed
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts , chopped
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
For the Artichoke Pasta:
- 1 lb. (450g) fusilli pasta , uncooked
- 2 oz. (60g) sun-dried tomatoes , drained and cut into strips
- 1/2 cup halved black olives
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella balls
Cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain in a colander, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
Meanwhile, in a small food processor combine the artichokes, parsley, walnuts, lemon zest and juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Process until finely minced, stopping to scrape down the sides a couple of times. Pour in the olive oil and pulse again briefly to incorporate.
Transfer the pesto to a large serving bowl and stir in the Parmesan. Add the warm pasta and toss to combine.
Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes, black olives and mozzarella balls. If needed, add the couple of tablespoons of the reserved pasta water to moisten the pasta and create a saucelike consistency. Serve.
Calories: 583kcal | Carbohydrates: 53.6g | Protein: 16.6g | Fat: 35.3g | Cholesterol: 15.9mg | Sodium: 561.2mg | Sugar: 6.4g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 41mg