Chili-Lime Shrimp Stuffed Avocado Shells
Combining the tartness of lime juice and the heat of the taco seasoning, these Shrimp Stuffed Avocado Shells make a perfect summer meal!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 lb (450g) shrimp , peeled, deveined
- 1 lime (for juice)
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 tablespoon (10g) Taco or any other spicy seasoning mix
- 2 large avocados halved, pitted, cubed, skins saved
- 1 tomato , diced
- 1/2 cup (85g) canned artichoke hearts , roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup (50g) red onion , chopped
- 1/4 cup (35g) capers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper , to taste
Add the shrimp, lime juice, garlic, and taco seasoning in a bowl. Stir until the shrimp are coated. Let sit for about 15 minutes or so.
In a frying pan, add the shrimp with all the marinade and cook until pink and cooked through. The cooking time depends on the size of shrimp but usually 3-5 minutes is enough. Transfer to a plate and chop roughly if shrimp are big. Set aside.
In a bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients. Now add the cooked shrimp and mix well.
Fill the reserved avocado skins with the shrimp and avocado mixture. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The Primal Low-Carb Kitchen by Kyndra Holley
- Roll the lime against the counter before squeezing it. This way you'll get way more juice out of it!
Calories: 370kcal | Carbohydrates: 18.3g | Protein: 19.6g | Fat: 26.5g | Cholesterol: 142.9mg | Sodium: 878.7mg | Sugar: 2.5g | Vitamin A: 450IU | Vitamin C: 30.5mg