Basil Pesto Chicken Pasta Bake
This Basil Pesto Chicken Pasta Bake is really easy and quick to make. The combination of flavors in this one is amazing!
- 1 lb (450g) boneless skinless chicken breasts , cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt , to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper , or to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil , divided
- 12 oz. (340g) dry penne pasta
- 1 cup homemade or store-bought pesto
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and cook the poultry for about 15 minutes, until cooked through. Set aside.
While the chicken is cooking, prepare the pasta according to the package instructions. Toss with the remaining tablespoons of olive oil and set aside.
In a bowl, mix the pesto, ricotta, and sour cream until smooth. Add the cooked chicken and pasta to the mix and toss to coat. Transfer the mixture to a large baking dish and sprinkle with the grated Parmesan on top.
Bake for about 30 minutes and serve. Enjoy!