Arugula, Prosciutto and Grilled Pear Salad
This easy arugula pear salad is absolutely delicious with peppery arugula, salty prosciutto and feta, crunchy pecans and sweet grilled pears! It makes a great light meal or fancy starter for your next party.
Servings: 4 people
For the salad:
- 3 cups ( loosely packed) baby arugula , more or less, as desired
- 8 slices prosciutto , torn into pieces
- 2 firm pear , sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 2/3 cup feta cheese , crumbled
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans , chopped
- 1 small red onion , thinly sliced
For the dressing:
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2-4 tablespoons honey , to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Spray with nonstick spray. Lightly brush both sides of the pear slices with the olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt. Grill until they have visible grill marks, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove from pan and let cool.
In a small jar with a lid, combine the olive oil, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and honey. Cover and shake until mixed well. Taste, and add salt and pepper as needed.
Scatter arugula onto a large serving dish or platter. Arrange prosciutto across the top, then add grilled pears, red onion, pecans, and feta cheese evenly around the platter. Drizzle with the prepared dressing and enjoy!
Serving: 1/4 | Calories: 517kcal | Carbohydrates: 27.5g | Fat: 34g | Cholesterol: 73.6mg | Sodium: 1877.9mg | Sugar: 20.4g