Chicken Macaroni Salad
Pasta + Chicken + a bunch of veggies and you get this delicious, comforting, and filling salad! A perfect lunch or a light weeknight dinner!
Servings: 4 people
For the salad:
- 2 cups (8 oz. or 225g) dry elbow macaroni
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 1/3 cup diced dill pickles
- 1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup finely diced celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped black olives
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
In a large pot of boiling lightly salted water, cook macaroni according to package instructions. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool. Set aside.
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper, and whisk until smooth.
Place cooled macaroni in a large mixing bowl, pour dressing and toss. Stir in chicken, carrots, chives, pickles, bell pepper, celery and olives (you can always add more of any ingredient if you feel it's needed). Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving. Enjoy!
Calories: 511kcal | Carbohydrates: 44.8g | Protein: 14.5g | Fat: 30.1g | Cholesterol: 39.4mg | Sodium: 406.2mg | Sugar: 5.5g | Vitamin A: 600IU | Vitamin C: 20.6mg