Lemon and Thyme White Bean Mash
These mashed white beans make a great quick side dish. It’s full of fiber, protein, and other nutrients.
Servings: 2 people
- 2 tablespoons (30g) unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 14 oz. (400ml) can white beans , drained and rinsed (I used cannellini beans)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) water
Heat the butter in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and lemon zest, and sauté stirring often for about 1 - 2 minutes, or until the garlic and zest become fragrant.
Add the beans, salt, black pepper, thyme, and water to the pan and stir over medium-low heat until warmed through. Then, roughly mash the beans using a fork or potato masher. If the mixture looks a bit dry, add more water. Remove from heat and serve.
Calories: 335kcal | Carbohydrates: 43.7g | Protein: 14.8g | Fat: 12.1g | Cholesterol: 30.5mg | Sodium: 950mg | Sugar: 0.7g