Red Cabbage Salad with Apple, Orange, and Spinach
This red cabbage, apple, orange, and spinach salad makes a light and healthy side dish that's full of tangy and crisp flavors!
Servings: 4 people
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
For the salad:
- 1 lb. (450g) red cabbage , cored and finely shredded
- 1 orange , peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1 apple , sliced into thin slices
- 4 oz. (100g) baby spinach
Make the dressing by combining all the of dressing ingredients in a small jar with a lid. Cover and shake until mixed well.
Place the red cabbage in a large bowl, pour half of the dressing over the shredded cabbage and massage it in with clean hands. Set aside for 10 minutes.
Once cabbage is ready, add chopped orange, sliced apple and baby spinach. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Edeka.
Calories: 161kcal | Carbohydrates: 23.9g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7.5g | Sodium: 378.4mg | Sugar: 15.3g