Chickpea, Avocado, and Radish Salad
Healthy chickpea salad with avocado, radish, feta cheese and simple Dijon mustard vinaigrette. This recipe makes a perfect meal or a side dish.
Servings: 4 people
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 clove garlic , minced
- salt and black pepper , to taste
For the salad:
- 1 15oz. (400 g) can chickpeas , rinsed and drained
- 8oz. (225g) radishes , cut in half and thinly sliced
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 large avocado , seeded and diced
- 1 small leek , white and light green parts only, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese , crumbled (about 2 oz. / 60g)
Make the dressing by combining the olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, cumin, and garlic in a small jar with a lid. Cover and shake until mixed well. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as needed. Set aside.
Place the chickpeas, radishes, arugula, avocado, leek, and feta into a large bowl and toss to combine. Add the dressing and toss again. Serve.
Calories: 288kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 6.2g | Fat: 25g | Sodium: 40mg | Sugar: 3.4g