Cajun Chicken Salad
This spiced chicken salad with kale, avocado, orange, and pomegranate makes a perfect lunch or a light dinner. Healthy and nutritious!
Servings: 4 people
For the Cajun chicken:
- 1 lb. (450g) chicken breasts
- 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- sea salt and black pepper , to taste
- 1/2 clove garlic , minced
For the salad:
- 1 bunch kale , destemmed and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil , for massaging kale
- 1 avocado , peeled and cubed
- 1 orange , peeled and chopped (I used ½ orange and ½ grapefruit)
- 1/4 cup pecans , toasted and chopped
- 1/4 cup red onions , thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
The Cajun chicken.
Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
Drizzle the avocado oil all over chicken breasts. Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning on the chicken and rub to coat. Bake for 25-35 (depending on the size of the chicken) minutes until the chicken is golden brown or internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C) on an instant read thermometer.
Remove from the oven, cover and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
In a large bowl, add the kale and massage it with the olive oil until tender. Add the avocado, orange, pecans, red onions, and pomegranate seeds. Drizzle with the dressing and toss gently.
Slice the chicken breasts into strips and arrange on top of the salad.
Calories: 452kcal | Carbohydrates: 19.2g | Protein: 28.2g | Fat: 30.5g | Cholesterol: 82.7mg | Sodium: 94.7mg | Sugar: 11.2g