Shrimp Mango Avocado Salad
This light, fresh and hearty mango and avocado salad with shrimp is perfectly balanced thanks to salty feta and the bite of arugula - it's delicious!
Servings: 4 people
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- salt and pepper , to taste
For the shrimp:
- 1 lb. (450g) unpeeled shrimp , peeled and deveined (approximately 2/3 lb. / 300g peeled shrimp)
- 1 lime , juice only
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
For the salad:
- 1 large, ripe avocado , peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1 large mango , diced
- 1/2 red onion , finely sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
- 3 cups baby arugula , loosely packed
- 2/3 cup feta cheese , crumbled
Make the dressing by combining the lime juice, olive oil, maple syrup, and Dijon mustard in a small jar with a lid. Cover and shake until mixed well. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as needed. Set aside.
Add the shrimp, lime juice, garlic, and Cajun seasoning in a bowl. Stir until the shrimp are coated. Let sit for about 15 minutes or so.
In a frying pan, arrange the shrimp in a single layer and cook 2-3 minutes until they start turning opaque. Flip and cook 1-2 minutes more, until pink and cooked through. Transfer to a salad bowl.
Place the avocado, mango, red onion, cherry tomatoes, arugula, and feta in the bowl with the shrimp and toss lightly. Add the dressing and toss gently to coat.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 441kcal | Carbohydrates: 29.7g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 25.8g | Cholesterol: 204.7mg | Sodium: 428.3mg | Sugar: 18.7g