Vegetarian Barley Burgers
Flavorful vegetarian barley, feta, and sun-dried tomato patties topped with grilled peaches, caramelized onions, mashed avocado, and sprouts!
Servings: 4 servings
For the barley patties:
- 3/4 cup (150g) pearl barley
- 3 oz. (85g) sun-dried tomatoes in oil , chopped
- 4 oz. (113g) feta cheese , crumbled
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 medium onion , chopped
- 1 egg
- 2-3 tablespoons almond flour
- salt and black pepper , to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-2 tablespoons Panko breadcrumbs
For the burgers:
- 4 burger buns of your choice
- 2 medium avocados , pitted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice , or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt , or more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper , or more to taste
- lettuce of your choice (I used baby greens)
- brie cheese
- caramelized onions
- grilled peaches
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
Cook the barley in salted water according to package directions. Drain and let cool.
In a large bowl, mix together the barley, sun-dried tomatoes, feta cheese, garlic, onion, egg, almond flour,salt, pepper, and dried herbs.
Scoop a heaping tablespoon of the mixture, roll in bran, and flatten gently to form a party.
Place the patties in the baking dish and bake 25-35 minutes.
Mash the avocados together with the lemon juice, salt, and black pepper.
Assemble the burgers, starting with the bottom bun, mashed avocados, baby greens, then the barley patty, brie cheese, caramelized onions, grilled peaches, and finally the top bun.
Serving: 1burger | Calories: 519kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 17.2g | Fat: 19.7g | Cholesterol: 78.8mg | Sodium: 675.4mg | Sugar: 6.4g