Enjoy the refreshing sweetness of star fruit juice with this easy blender recipe. Five minutes is all you’ll need to whip up a vibrant, tropical beverage you’ll love to sip.
Whether this is your first star fruit recipe or you’re a big fan of their crisp tropical sweetness, I know this easy, refreshing juice is something you’ll love.
My whole house enjoys eating these unique, fun fruits. Their apple-like crisp texture and high water content make them a refreshing snack and a great ingredient to work with.
They’re tasty in sweet or savory star fruit salads, are a fun addition to desserts, and can even be preserved. But when we want a sweet and healthy treat, we just blend up a quick pitcher of star fruit juice and enjoy every last sip.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It only takes 5 minutes to make, even if you double the batch.
- It’s light, sweet, and delicious, but made with fruit instead of unhealthy ingredients.
- The tropical flavors are unique and can be enjoyed by adults and kids.
What is Star Fruit?
The strange shape and appearance makes a lot of home cooks curious about these peculiar fruits. And, while you can get more detailed info in my star fruit guide, there are a few things that you should know for this recipe too.
It’s grown in tropical regions continuously, and can be found pretty much all year long. Depending on where you live, the best place to buy them may be the grocery store or a market that sells imported goods.
There are two types, a small green tart one, and another that’s larger and sweeter. For this recipe, we want the larger ones. They get yellower and sweeter as they ripen, so you definitely want the ripest you can get!
To make a refreshing glass of this juice you’ll need your star fruit and a few other key ingredients.
- Star fruit – You’ll just need one very yellow fruit for every 2 servings.
- Passion fruit – These two tropical fruits pair so perfectly. You can use frozen pulp or juice in a pinch if you can’t find them fresh.
- Ginger – You really want the zing of fresh ginger here. Grate your one teaspoon and store the rest in the freezer for another recipe.
- Honey – You could also use another natural sweetener like agave or maple syrup.
- Water & Ice – the combo of the two makes sure this is a cool, sippable juice.
Making & Storing
Just like my many beverage recipes, this doesn’t take much specific instruction to get right. Make sure you get the ends and ridges of the star fruit trimmed, then slice and remove the seeds.
After that, everything just goes in the blender until you get a cold, vibrant juice. All that’s left is to pour it into glasses and enjoy!
As is, the recipe will make two glasses, but you could easily double or triple it for a larger group. Of course if you wind up making too much don’t worry. You can store it in the fridge in a sealed container for 24 hours and it’ll still taste great.
I think you’ll love this easy recipe. The light and sweet tropical flavors are hard to resist and it’s a fun way to enjoy a unique fruit. But be sure to check out my star fruit recipes collection for more ways to use it too.
Of course, I have lots of other refreshing beverages you may also enjoy. Head on over to any of these other recipes for more bright and healthy flavors to sip!
- Pear, Banana, Orange Smoothie
- Pineapple Celery Smoothie
- Kiwi Mango Smoothie with Banana and Lime
- Pineapple Avocado Smoothie
Star Fruit and Passion Fruit Juice
- 1 passion fruit
- 1 medium star fruit , ends and ridges trimmed, sliced, and seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) honey , or to taste
- 1 ¼ cups (300ml) water
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Cut the passion fruit in half and scoop the pulp into a blender. Add in the star fruit, ginger, honey, water, and ice. Blend until smooth. Pour into two glasses and serve.