When I look at this photo, all I can think is “mmm… yummyyyy”! These shrimp stuffed potatoes look outstanding! I found this recipe in a local cookbook and had to share it with you. I made it for our dinner guests last night, and they were truly impressed with it!
I just wanted to let you know that there were no leftovers at all… Oh yeah, that was really delicious!!! I’m going to make it again this weekend. Definitely! I hope you’ll give it a try too. 😉
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 4 celery stalks , sliced thinly
- 8 ounces shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 1 small egg
- 1/4 cup Philadelphia Original full fat soft cheese
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chives , chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper , to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash the potatoes and place them on a baking sheet. Bake the potatoes for about an hour, or until they're fork tender. When done, remove from the oven and allow potatoes to cool enough to handle. Cut each potato in half lengthwise and scoop out the majority of the flesh. Be very careful not to tear the skin. Place them back on the baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the celery and cook gently for a few minutes. Next, add the shrimp and cook for another 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, soft cheese and heavy cream. Stir in the chives, shrimp and celery mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste. Spoon the mixture into potato shells. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until thoroughly heated. Enjoy!