I’m in love with these yummy shrimp lettuce wraps!! They look so adorable and colorful! Plus they are healthy, light and easy to make. Did I mention that I’m in love with them?
I made these cuties for my parents-in-law and they enjoyed them so much! It’s a great appetizer when you want to impress your guests. Believe me. They vanished so fast I barely got to taste them!
These wraps are made with shrimp and pineapple pecan coleslaw. Yes, shrimp and pineapple in one dish. Something new for my taste buds and I was pleasantly surprised! Savory… Sweet… Tangy… Crunchy… Refreshing… It was like a paradise in my mouth!!
I guess I have to use lettuce leaves as wraps more often. It’s nice to replace bread or tortillas sometimes! If you haven’t tried this trick before, I highly recommend to do that. It’s healthy & fun!
Shrimp Lettuce WrapsPrint Pin Rate
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1 lb (450g) medium shrimp , peeled and deveined
For The Marinade:
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger , finely grated
For The Coleslaw:
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cabbage (I used 1 1/2 cups shredded white cabbage and 1 cup shredded red cabbage)
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1 20 oz. can pineapple slices , drained and cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup toasted pecans , chopped
For The Vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- Combine soy sauce, olive oil, lime juice, honey, garlic and ginger in a zip-lock plastic bag and mix well. Add shrimp , seal and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, pineapple, sesame seeds and pecans. In a separate small bowl, whisk the vinegar, lime juice, olive oil, and honey. Toss the vegetable mixture with the vinaigrette and season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook on one side for 2 min. Turn over and cook for another minute or two, till all shrimp are pink and seared nicely (don't overcook them or they'll be rubbery!).
To assemble lettuce wraps:
- Divide lettuce into leaves. Drain coleslaw, place a pile of the mixture into each lettuce cup and top with 3-4 shrimp. Repeat process with remaining ingredients. Enjoy!