I love seafood. I try to have it at least once a week (including salmon). It’s rich in vitamins, low in fat and calories and the most important thing – it’s damn delicious! Once you fall in love with it, there is no going back!
Few days ago I bought a bag of shrimp at my local supermarket. I wasn’t sure what I will do with them but when I got home I already had an idea in my mind. I wanted to make a shrimp pasta but not the simple one. While searching for the ingredients in the fridge my eyes fell upon some leftover kale sitting in the corner. Voila!
That’s how the idea of shrimp kale pasta was born. Absolutely marvelous is all I have to say about this dish! The combination of kale and shrimp is so YUM-YUM! I’ve also made a cauliflower sauce to add even more flavor to this pasta dish!
I would call it a healthy variation of pasta. Enjoy!
Shrimp Kale PastaPrint Pin Rate
- 8 oz. (225g) dry spaghetti
- 3 cups kale leaves , stems removed, chopped
- 10 oz. (285g) medium shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 medium onion , diced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese , grated
- salt and freshly ground pepper , to taste
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Place cauliflower florets in a pot with water, bring to boil and cook for 7-10 minutes, or until cauliflower is fork tender. Remove from heat and drain. Reserve some cooking water.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until they start to soften, about 3-4 minutes. Add the heavy cream and Parmesan and bring to a boil. Cook for about 1 minute, until the cheese melts. Remove from heat.
- In a food processor, combine cooked cauliflower with onion mixture until it is very smooth, adding more cooking water or heavy cream depending on how thick you want the sauce. Transfer the sauce into a large pan and bring to boil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the shrimp and chopped kale and cook until the shrimp are pink and opaque, about 4-5 minutes.
- Toss the pasta in with the sauce and mix together until the pasta is covered with sauce along with the shrimp. Serve with additional freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired. Enjoy!