This is one of my favorite salads. Shrimp and avocado – this combo is pure heaven in my mouth. I love everything about it!
It’s so colorful and remind me of summer, which I am sooo looking forward to.
This salad is fresh, healthy, and light. This is important for those (including me) who don’t want to eat heavy and fatty foods before slipping into a bikini or a summer dress. Yes, girls, bikini season is coming up! You should think about it. 😉
It is so easy to prepare with a delicious end result. Just look at this bowl of yummyness! If I were in your place I wouln’t be able to resist making this salad for lunch today. Seriously, guys, you MUST taste this. I promise you will not be disappointed with this amazing shrimp avocado salad with yogurt dressing!
Feel free to Pin, Like, Share and don’t forget to report back how you liked it, I am curious! 🙂
- 1 cup shrimp , cooked and shelled
- 1 ripe avocado , peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
- a handful of spinach
- 1/2 red onion , sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons toasted walnuts , chopped
- 4 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil , plus 1 tablespoon for cooking
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper , to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp, season with salt and pepper, and cook for about 1 minute on each side. Remove skillet from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place spinach, cherry tomatoes, red onion, cubed avocado and shrimp in a salad bowl and toss lightly. Drizzle with yogurt dressing and top with walnuts. Toss gently to coat and serve. Enjoy!