It’s that time of year that I just can’t live without apples. I eat them for breakfast, add in salads or, like today, use them to make something that tastes wonderful. So let me present you my latest goodness – salted caramel apple cheesecake brownies. Oh yes, it sounds just perfect! Not only sounds incredible, but it tastes heavenly, too!
I know you love apples and salted caramel too. Why? Because these salted caramel apple pie cookies were by FAR the most popular recipe this month. So don’t lie to me. You’re in love with these brownies and all their tempting layers. Yes, yes you are.
These brownies have everything I love in a sweet indulgence – chocolate brownie layer, silky cheesecake, cinnamony apples, and salted caramel. All these goodies in one tasty bar! Yum! What could be better than these little cuties? They combine all the fabulous flavors of fall!
What makes these brownies extra good is that they are not too sweet, have a moist texture and wonderfully refreshing flavors of apples. A drizzle of salted caramel finishes the taste and leaves you asking for more. Creative, delicious, and highly satisfying. Trust me, you will be thanking me after one bite of these brownies.
This is my new favorite apple dessert! Hope you love this as much as I do!
Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake BrowniesPrint Pin Rate
For the brownies:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the cheesecake:
- 8 oz. (225g) cream cheese , softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the apples:
- 1 1/2 cups peeled cored apples , diced small
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
For the topping:
- salted caramel sauce , store bought or homemade
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving an overhang on all sides. Spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking until smooth after each addition. Whisk in the vanilla. Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Do not overmix. Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Set aside.
- In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, egg, sugar and vanilla until fully incorporated and smooth, scraping down the sides if necessary. Spread this cream cheese mixture evenly over the brownie layer. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss the apples with the pecans, cinnamon and nutmeg. Sprinkle this apple mixture evenly over the cream cheese layer and press gently so that they adhere.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until set. Cool at room temperature for 30 minutes, then transfer to refrigerator to cool completely. Cut into squares and drizzle with salted caramel on top. Enjoy!