I made so much pesto this summer and used it everywhere… But only today I got the idea to make the pesto salmon! I can’t remember the last time I made this but I remember it being a great dish. So I asked myself: “What I’m waiting for? I need to make this right now!”
This idea was The. Best. Idea. Ever!! The salmon was sooo delicious! This might be my new favorite way to eat pesto. So yummy…
The best part of this recipe is how easy it is to make! It literally takes 5 minutes to prepare the fish and 20 minutes to bake. Now look at the ingredient list in this recipe. 7 Ingredients. SEVEN. Just my kind of recipe! So there’s really no excuse not to try this.
The combination of the pesto, tomatoes and salmon is a winner, with lots of flavor. I promise, you will love the result!
- 2 6 oz. (170g) salmon fillets , skin on
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons pesto , homemade or store-bought
- 6 thin slices of tomato
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- a few chopped fresh basil leaves (optional), for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Place the salmon skin side down onto baking sheet. Drizzle fillets with lemon juice and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard and 1 tablespoon of pesto over the top of each fillet. Top salmon with tomato slices and sprinkle with black pepper and some finely chopped basil leaves.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.