A creamy papaya banana smoothie is a refreshing breakfast or snack that’s easy to make. The tropical flavors are a fantastic combination of sweet and tart that kids and adults both love.
If papaya is not a part of your regular fruit purchase, I want to take a moment to tell you it definitely should be. Once we started eating it in our house, it quickly became a favorite to use in refreshing smoothies like this one.
There are many fruits I love blending it up with, like pineapples or mangoes, but this papaya smoothie with banana and peanut butter is just right when we want a creamy, quick drink to enjoy. It’s healthy and simple to make, but has just the right amount of sweetness to make it feel like a treat.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- Refreshing and very quick to make with simple ingredients.
- A sweet and creamy snack or breakfast that kids will also love.
- Naturally vegan and full of healthy fruits.
I love this recipe because it uses just a few things to make a refreshing, beautiful smoothie. Easy to find ingredients blend with papaya to make something unique and delicious.
- Papaya – Choose a mostly yellow, slightly soft ripe papaya for best flavor. One medium or large one should do.
- Lime – Only half, zested and juiced adds a perfect tang to the smoothie.
- Banana – I recommend frozen bananas to create the perfect creamy texture.
- Almond milk – Your favorite traditional or non-dairy milk will work instead.
- Maple Syrup – This adds a perfect sweetness. Agave or honey could also work.
- Peanut Butter – This adds creaminess and richness. You could also use almond, cashew, or sunflower seed butter instead.
Tips for Preparing and Serving
Smoothies are pretty easy to make, just add it to a blender and let it do the work. But one important thing is frozen bananas.
I always keep some in the freezer for my smoothie recipes, that way I can whip one up quickly whenever I like. I definitely recommend you do the same.
But if you don’t already have some ready, just thinly slice one and arrange it on a plate or pan in a single layer. Freeze it for 30 minutes and it’ll be ready for you to make your smoothie.
When it’s time to serve, I like to add a topping for an extra boost of texture and health. For this one I added chia seeds, but shelled hemp seeds would also be delicious.
Finally, feel free to double or triple this if you’re serving a crowd! It’s a beautiful and delicious treat for summer parties when everyone needs something cool and refreshing to sip.
I hope you love this easy papaya smoothie, but while you’re here, don’t forget to check out my many other smoothie recipes too.
- Guava Smoothie with Strawberries and Banana
- Pineapple Avocado Smoothie
- Pear Banana Orange Smoothie
- Zucchini Apple Pear Smoothie
Papaya Banana Smoothie with Peanut Butter
- Combine all the ingredients (except chia and hemp seeds, if using) together in a blender and blend until smooth. Sprinkle with seeds of your choice and serve.