I have a question for you today. How often do you eat fish?
I love fish. Sometimes I don’t want any meat so fish is the best choice for me. Today I have baked four whole Mediterranean Sea Basses. Just look at these gorgeous photos! It looks really festive and it is so easy to make!
The whole sea bass came out perfectly and it has plenty of flavor. I stuffed the fish with sliced bell pepper, shallot, garlic, dill, thyme leaves and some slices of lemon and baked it with potatoes, bell pepper, black olives and wine. Can you imagine HOW DELICIOUS it is??
No. You can’t. You have to make it and try it yourself. It’s the only way to know the taste of this deliciousness.
So why not to give a try for it? It’s yummy, it’s healthy, it’s nutritious – in one word, it’s WONDERFUL!!
If you haven’t tasted Sea Bass yet, now would be a great time to try it. I know you will love it as much as me.
- 4 whole Sea Basses (1 lb or 450g each) , gutted and scaled
- 1 1/2 lb (680g) small potatoes , peeled and halved or quartered
- 1 shallot , sliced
- 3 cloves garlic , smashed
- 2 red bell peppers , sliced
- a small handful of fresh dill , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 small lemon , sliced
- 1/3 cup pitted black olives
- 2/3 cup white wine
- sea salt , to taste
- freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook until just tender, about 10 minutes. Drain well, toss with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Place potatoes in prepared baking dish and put into the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Scatter olives and 1 sliced bell pepper over the potatoes. Rub fish with the oil and season inside and out with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place fish over the potatoes and bell pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine sliced shallot, garlic, remaining bell pepper, dill, and thyme leaves. Stuff the fish with this mixture and with slices of lemon. Add wine to the dish.
- Roast for 20 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through (it should be opaque throughout and flake easily with a fork). Serve with the roasted vegetables.