Ladies, you MUST try these cupcakes! You just must because they are something you need in your life. Trust me, these oreo red wine nutella cupcakes are out of this world good.
Yes, you read it right. It’s oreo red wine nutella cupcakes with nutella & oreo filling and red wine frosting. Girls, you are in for a REAL treat today!
I adore these cupcakes. They are perfect for me. Really. And they are so… CUTE! Especially the color of frosting which looks so romantic. Red wine and cupcakes is such an awesome combination! I’m drooling just writing about these…
This is real life. Just imagine taking a bite of one of those heavenly tempting cupcakes… The taste is divine. Nutella, oreos, red wine… all these flavors in your mouth at the same time! This is the dessert that you never knew you always wanted.
These grown up cupcakes are perfect for a ladies night or bring to a party! Or you can make them for a romantic evening at home for two… I’m sure your sweetheart will be impressed!
Are you ready to see the last photo?
What is not to love here? 🙂
For the cupcakes:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup red wine , any kind you like
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 10 Oreos
For the filling:
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 5 Oreos
For the frosting:
- 1 cup red wine , any kind you like
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- salt , to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 10 muffin cups with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars together until fluffy. Add the egg and beat to combine. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in the vanilla extract. Stir in Nutella and red wine until evenly combined. Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Place an Oreo cookie on the bottom of each cupcake liner. Pour batter over each Oreo cookie and fill each cupcake liner about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake the cupcakes for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a ziplock bag, place the Oreos and use a mallet to crush the cookies into small pieces. In a small bowl, combine Nutella with crushed Oreos. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine red wine and sugar. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until sugar dissolves and wine comes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes (until the liquid is reduced to about 1/4 cup or a light syrup texture). Let to cool.
- Beat the butter until until smooth and creamy. Slowly add in powdered sugar (1/2 cup at a time), vanilla, and 1/4 cup of prepared wine syrup. Beat until no lumps remain. Taste the frosting and add salt to cut the sweetness, if you prefer.
Assembling the cupcakes:
- Cut out the center of each cupcake with a sharp knife. Fill the cupcakes with Nutella & Oreo filling. Transfer the frosting to a piping bag fitted with a decorative tip. Pipe frosting into a swirl on each cupcake. Enjoy!