There can’t be a better dinner than this Orange Marmalade Chicken. Seriously. It requires only 5 ingredients and 5 minutes of your precious time for preparation. The taste is incredible! A true winner.
I am back with another stunning chicken recipe. It requires only 5 ingredients and takes so little preparation time, you won’t even notice! Only a few minutes and your dinner is already in the oven. Awesome, right? Alright alright, I won’t torture you any longer. The dish I am talking about here is Orange Marmalade Chicken. Some of you may have heard it, or even tasted it before, but I tried this dish for the first time only a few weeks ago. D’oh, where have I been?
Sweet chicken marinades or sweet glaze recipes are not new to me. I make honey chicken quite often, I also made these fantastic Bourbon Brown Sugar Chicken Tenders not such a long time ago. That sweetness is undoubtedly right up my alley. That’s why I can’t understand how did I miss such an outstanding dish like this orange marmalade chicken. Well, it’s better late than never, right?
You can even call this recipe quite skinny, so it’s good for my weight loss journey I told you about a few posts ago. It isn’t high on calories. Yes, all the carbs which are sugars hidden in orange marmalade are not so good, but there are few things you can do about it. First, get a low-sugar marmalade. Second, you won’t eat all the orange mixture anyway. It will just soak your chicken with flavor and stay on the bottom of a baking pan. You can either put it on the chicken or not. Your choice!
Keeping in mind that this orange marmalade chicken requires only 5 ingredients and 5 minutes of your time, it’s a total winner. By the way, it also features Dijon mustard and garlic! Perfect combination. As for the toppings, you can sprinkle the chicken with some chives or / and sesame seeds. This chicken is my new dinner favorite for sure. Try it and you will fall in love!
- 1 1/4 lb (560g) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives , for sprinkling
- sesame seeds (optional), for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Place the chicken in a lightly sprayed baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the marmalade, Dijon, and garlic. Spread the mixture all over the chicken.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with the chives and some sesame seeds. Serve with rice. Enjoy!