Today I’m really happy to introduce a new category on the blog where I will be adding various meals made using only 7 ingredients or less (I won’t be counting really simple ingredients such as salt, pepper, sugar, water, or other because everyone has them at home).
Sometimes we are too tired to make something complicated but the family is still hungry… That’s when simple meals with a small number of ingredients stretch a helping hand!
I hope you will love this section of the blog and it will give you some fresh ideas for your weekly menu!
The first recipe that I want to share with you – a delicious mozzarella pesto stuffed chicken thighs. Yes, thighs, not a chicken breast. Usually I stuff chicken breasts (like many of you) but this time I came up with the brilliant idea to stuff chicken thighs.
The result is absolutely storming! The chicken is incredibly tender, absolutely succulent, and bursting with rich flavors. Soooo Yummy with capital Y!
I made some step by step photos for the entire process to show you how easy it is. This recipe doesn’t require any hard to find ingredients or time-intensive techniques. Are you ready to start cooking? Well, then let’s get to it!
The first thing you have to do is flatten the chicken thighs a bit. I like to do this with a rolling pin. Then rub the meat with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
Now it’s time to spread the pesto over the thighs in a thin, even layer and add the mozzarella on top. Pretty simple!
Carefully roll up the thighs and wrap a slice of prosciutto around each one. Chicken and prosciutto in one dish… a dream come true for my husband!
Yes, of course, you can use bacon, if you want. But prosciutto is my favorite, hands down!
After a little bit more than half an hour you will be having these delicious and juicy chicken thighs right in front of you! Looks so tempting, isn’t it?
You can also prepare a simple pesto sauce and serve it over the meat.
Can you believe this dish is made from only 7 ingredients? Good flavor doesn’t require big efforts and long shopping list!
Serve these chicken thighs with rice, noodles, potatoes, your favorite salad or any other way you like. It’s time to sit down and have a delish dinner with the family! Enjoy!
- 6 large boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup basil pesto for stuffing plus 2 tablespoons for the sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 large slices of prosciutto
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 395 degrees. Spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Place the chicken thighs between two sheets of waxed paper and flatten them with a rolling pin or meat mallet. Rub both sides of each chicken thigh with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Place the chicken thighs, top side down, on a clean surface. Divide 1/3 cup of pesto between the chicken thighs and spread a thin layer to cover the top of each. Then divide the mozzarella between each one. Make sure not to overstuff! Carefully roll up the chicken thighs and wrap a slice of prosciutto around each thigh. Secure with toothpicks.
- Transfer the chicken in the prepared baking dish and bake for about 35 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes before removing toothpicks and serving.
- While the chicken is baking, heat the heavy cream in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in 2 tablespoons of pesto and bring to a boil. Then stir Parmesan cheese into cream, stirring until cheese melts and is incorporated. Cook the sauce for about 3 minutes, until thickened a bit. Taste and add salt and pepper to your liking. Remove from heat. Serve the sauce over the chicken.