Versatile, flavorful, and beautiful, these microgreen recipes use those tiny gourmet greens in creative ways. Discover the many ways you can enjoy microgreens in your home cooking with these delicious recipes.
Microgreens have this reputation of being fine dining, but I’m here to tell you that’s nonsense! Now available at grocery stores and local markets, there are many types of microgreens out there ready for home cooks to whip into beautiful dishes too.
As tiny seedlings of more mature vegetables and herbs, microgreens are a great way to pack intense flavor into your cooking. Micro basil is like a potent punch of basil flavor that your Caprese salad will love. Below you’ll find tons of amazing recipes to inspire you to bring a little seasonal, gourmet flair to your cooking.
How to store microgreens
Since microgreens are the baby forms of plants, they’re pretty delicate. Learning to store them perfectly is a great way to maximize your purchase and make sure they’re ready when you are.
- Keep them loosely packed – Don’t cram them into a small bowl, give them room to breathe in a larger one to avoid wilting and sogginess.
- Store them between layers of slightly damp paper towels – This provides just enough moisture to keep them fresh and crisp. Keep greens in single layers between each towel.
- Prep them last minute – wait to wash them until you’re ready to cook, then pat them dry gently, and keep them loosely under a slightly damp paper towel. This will keep them from wilting before you’re ready to eat.
With these tips, they should keep well in the fridge for about one week, giving you plenty of time to whip up one (or more) of these fantastic microgreen recipes.
1. Microgreen Salad with Peaches & Avocado
This seasonal microgreen salad is a great way to highlight summer produce while enjoying healthy greens that can grow year around. With fresh peaches, nuts, salty cheese and an easy homemade dressing, you’ll fall in love with microgreens as your new salad go to.
Recipe by: Yummy Addiction
2. Stir Fried Pea Shoots with Garlic
If you are looking for the easiest way to bring a side of vegetables to the table, these Stir Fried Pea Shoots with Garlic are sure to please.
Recipe by: Wok and Kin
3. Pea Shoots Pasta
Simple Pea Shoots Pasta recipe that’s delicious and healthy! Farfalle pasta is mixed with pea shoots, peas and Parmesan cheese.
Recipe by: Brooklyn Farm Girl
4. Asparagus Shallot Tart
An easy savory tart made with a 6 ingredient gluten-free, grain-free, vegan crust topped with vegan ricotta cheese, fresh asparagus, shallots, chives, and microgreens.
Recipe by: Healthy Little Vittles
5. Avocado Breakfast Skillets
Fresh avocado, radish, and microgreens, this super quick and easy breakfast skillet for two is light and delicious!
Recipe by: Now From Scratch
6. Baked Potato Rounds with Edamame Hummus + Microgreens
These gf + vg baked potato rounds are topped with edamame hummus, microgreens, sesame seeds, and fresh chives for an easy crowd pleaser!
Recipe by: Healthy Little Vittles
7. Green Goddess Avocado Toast
Basic avocado toast topped with microgreens, hemp seeds and basil cashew cream. It’s the perfect breakfast or snack full of healthy fats.
Recipe by: Nourished By Nutrition
8. Black Rice and Pea Shoot Salad with Tamari Roasted Cashews
Exotic nutritious black rice and curly jade green pea shoots, with bright carrot slivers, green onions, and tamari-roasted cashews, all tossed in a zesty dressing of lime juice and toasted sesame oil–you are going to love love love this vibrant black rice and pea shoot salad!
Recipe by: Letty’s Kitchen
9. Grilled Zucchini and Corn Salad with Pea Shoots
Zucchini and corn are charred on the grill and then tossed in a zesty vinaigrette with fresh pea shoots for a refreshing summer salad.
Recipe by: Her Mise en Place
10. Veggie Pitas with Hummus
Veggie Pitas with Hummus. Packed with flavor and texture, the veggie sandwich is the perfect light and healthy lunch.
Recipe by: Kitschen Cat
11. Simplest Fruit And Microgreen Salad
Are you looking for an awesome fruit salad? What about one that also included healthy microgreens? You have got to try this.
Recipe by: A Red Spatula
12. Olive Tapenade Crostini with Sunny Egg
Olive Tapenade Crostini with Sunny Egg, a simple French breakfast of toast with olive and caper tapenade, microgreens, and sunny eggs.
Recipe by: Fork in the Road
13. Leftover Steak Salsa Verde Tacos
The perfect taco for leftover steak or leftover brisket. Served with roasted tomatillo salsa, pickled radish and microgreen.
Recipe by: Healthfully Ever After
14. Springtime Savory Oatmeal Recipe
Springtime comfort food at its finest. Savory oatmeal with mushrooms, dandelion greens, pea shoots, and tempeh bacon.
Recipe by: Mid-Life Croissant
15. Cream Cheese Avocado Toast with Poached Eggs
This avocado toast is dressed up with a smear of cream cheese, heirloom tomatoes, poached eggs, and microgreens!
Recipe by: Spices in My DNA
16. Spring Green Smoothie with Pea Shoots
Chock-full of healthy ingredients and almost-like-a-milkshake delicious, this spring green smoothie with pea shoots is a true nutritional powerhouse.
Recipe by: The Loopy Whisk
17. Sweet Potato Hash Egg Skillet with Microgreens
This sweet potato hash skillet is a play on the traditional egg and potato breakfast. The hash is full of flavor and makes for the perfect, hearty breakfast.
Recipe by: Naturally Ella
18. Peach Ricotta Pizza with Spicy Microgreens
The pizza is super cheesy (in a good way, duh), a tad sweet with a little tang from the balsamic glaze and sprinkled with a greens!
Recipe by: How Sweet Eats
19. Green Goddess Salad with Cashew Basil Dressing
This Green Goddess Salad contains fresh peas, cucumbers, green onions, microgreens and kale massaged with a creamy cashew basil dressing.
Recipe by: Murielle Banackissa
20. Shrimp and Sweet Pea Shoots Fried Rice
This Shrimp and Sweet Pea Shoots Fried Rice is the ultimate easy one-pot meal: proteins, veggies, and grains all thrown together and cooked in a matter of mere minutes.
Recipe by: Mommy’s Home Cooking
21. Simple Lemon Pasta with Parmesan and Pea Shoots
Fresh spring pea shoots, spaghetti noodles, and a simple lemon sauce with pepper and parmesan cheese pack this pasta recipe with a ton of flavor.
Recipe by: Life As A Strawberry
22. Lemon Risotto with Pea Shoots
This delicious Lemon Risotto is a wonderful meatless main dish or enjoy it as side dish with any meat, fish or seafood!
Recipe by: Seasons and Suppers
23. Peach and Goat Cheese Pita Pizza with Microgreens
Pita pizza with goat cheese, microgreens, and peaches may seem fancy, but it takes just 15 minutes and 6 ingredients to make!
Recipe by: Cozy Peach Kitchen
24. Shaved Zucchini Salad Recipe
This shaved zucchini salad recipe combines lemon, goat cheese, microgreens, and toasted pine nuts for an exquisite and luscious side dish.
Recipe by: This Healthy Table