Woohoo! Last week I got my long awaited package with all these goodies! Chia and quinoa are pretty expensive in my country so I ordered them from US instead. And you know what? I’m very happy with this decision! Who doesn’t love a bigger variety and cheaper prices?
Have you heard of the chia seed trend? I don’t know when it started but lately I am seeing dishes with chia all over the Pinterest. Chia here, chia there, chia everywhere! Of course I got interested too. When everyone is talking about a thing, it means that there is something really good about it, right? I’ve made a little research and now I perfectly understand all the craze around it. This superfood is packed with antioxidants, dietary fiber, protein, vitamins, minerals, and omega-3. Yeah, so much good stuff in these tiny seeds!
It’s interesting how something becomes a trend. These seeds weren’t invented overnight. They have existed for hundreds of years in some countries and only now they have become so popular. Well, it’s better late than never! Now we know their true potential and can include these magical seeds in our menus for a healthier lifestyle! Chia seeds are the perfect healthy treat for kids too. They are pretty tasteless, so you can incorporate them into various meals. How cool is that? They will thank you later!
Would you believe me if I told you that this week I’m craving chia seed puddings and smoothies like crazy? I’ve made so many different combinations but one of the yummiest was this chocolate mango chia pudding. It clearly stood out from the rest. Maybe it’s because I love mango so much? Oh and the chocolate too! The combination of these two is mind-blowing. I would easily eat three or even more these puddings in one day. Call me crazy, but try it yourself first!
This chocolate mango chia pudding is so flavorful, rich, creamy and super easy! It is great as a healthy breakfast or dessert. I love it and I know you will too!
Chocolate Chia Pudding:
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- shaved chocolate for garnish (optional)
Mango Chia Pudding:
- 1 ripe mango
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- In a jar or a glass container combine almond milk, maple syrup, cacao powder and chia seeds. Stir until chia seeds are covered with the almond milk. Cover with a tight lid and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Use a chef’s knife to cut the mango in half. Place 1/2 mango, almond milk and maple syrup in a blender, and blend till smooth. Pour the mixture in a jar or a glass container. Stir in chia seeds. Cut the remaining mango into small cubes and stir into the mixture (OPTIONAL: leave some mango cubes for garnishing). Cover with a tight lid and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight. Pudding will be ready when the chia seeds have plumped up.
- When the pudding is ready to eat, stir well again. In 2 glasses, alternately layer the chocolate pudding and mango pudding. Garnish with mango cubes and shaved chocolate. Enjoy!