When you need something refreshing and filling for a quick breakfast, try this easy Mango Avocado Smoothie. In just minutes you can have a healthy, green power smoothie ready to sip and enjoy.
This recipe was originally published on March 21, 2014, and was republished in December 2023 to add better quality photos, re-test the recipe, and add more helpful tips.
A healthy breakfast can come in all shapes and forms, but one of my favorites is always an energizing one like this mango avocado smoothie. It’s loaded with fruit, vegetables, and healthy fats that get my day started off just right.
It’s a bonus that smoothies are quick to make, even when you’re tired. It takes just a few minutes to toss everything into the blender and whip up this lightly sweetened green smoothie. It’ll leave you feeling satisfied and full, but you don’t have to spend any time in the kitchen cooking a full meal.
Why You’ll Love It
- Healthy fats from avocado, fiber from spinach, and protein from yogurt make this filling, nutritious, and satisfying.
- You can make and enjoy this smoothie in just 5 quick minutes.
- Mango is a natural way to add sweetness and creaminess to your smoothie.
The ingredients you need to make a quick avocado spinach smoothie are easy to find at most grocery stores all year long.
If you can’t find fresh mango, try the freezer section where it’s often sold in cubes. It’s great to have on hand not just for this smoothie, but for whipping up tons of others. Some of my favorites that use it are my kiwi and banana smoothie and my mango papaya smoothie with ginger.
- Spinach – Fresh or frozen will work.
- Honey – Maple syrup or agave make great alternatives.
- Milk – Dairy or non-dairy milks are both good options.
- Plain yogurt
- Ice – If you start with frozen spinach or mango, you may not need as much of this.
There’s not much to making a smoothie, so I’ll keep it simple. Toss all the ingredients into a blender and let it make breakfast for you.
This recipe makes enough for two smoothies, but you can definitely increase or reduce it depending on how many you want to make.
I am sure you’ll love the flavors of this green mango smoothie and you’ll definitely enjoy how energized you feel afterward. If you’re like me and love a quick and easy smoothie breakfast, be sure to check out my other recipes for more inspiration.
- Energy Boosting Papaya Pineapple Smoothie
- Guava Smoothie with Strawberries and Banana
- Kale and Kiwi Smoothie Bowl
- Vietnamese Avocado Smoothie
Mango Avocado Smoothie with Spinach
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1 avocado , peeled and pitted
- 1 mango , peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (honey also works)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk (I used plant based milk)
- 1 cup plain yogurt (I used plant based yogurt)
- 2-4 ice cubes (optional)
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend on high until smooth. Enjoy!