This lemon rosemary chicken goes straight to the list of the favorite recipes of my family! I am not overstating when I say it. Every single month I am developing dozens of recipes for this blog. Some of them make my palate sing, but my hubby hates them, some of them are so bad they even don’t make it to the blog, many of them are really good but for one or other reason we don’t remake them ever. Aaand there is the category of recipes that turn out fantastic + my hubby and I are both in love with them! Yes, it happens. This lemon rosemary chicken goes straight into that category (our Pineapple Chicken Afritada is there too) and I think it even makes it to the top 5 of all time. I hope I have convinced you that it’s really GOOD!
My kitchen smells SOOOOO amazing right now! Rosemary, lemons and garlic… It has to be one of the best flavor combinations of all time! Be jealous. This chicken breast is simple, flavorful, healthy, super delicious and oh-so-easy to prepare! All in one. Right here. Waiting for you!
But wait till I tell you this. I decided to add chicken and sweet potatoes to the same pan… It was easily one of the best decisions I made lately. The aroma and taste truly made my taste buds dance! Would this lemon rosemary chicken be good without them? Maybe. But surely NOT SO DAMN GOOD. Sweet potatoes elevated this dish to the next level. No doubts about it.
Trust me, rosemary and lemon are best friends. The health benefits are pretty stunning as well. Lemons are an excellent source of vitamin C while rosemary is a wonderful herb, which has great healing powers. If you’ve never tried this combo before, you don’t know what you’re missing! What can be better than the dish which is tasty and healthy at the same time? Nothing beats it!
This recipe is pretty simple and requires minimal ingredients, which is always a plus. So, what are you waiting for? Invite your family and friends to enjoy a delicious meal!
Lemon Rosemary Chicken BreastPrint Pin Rate
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 lemons , 1 sliced and 1 zested and juiced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil , divided
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium sweet potatoes , peeled and cubed
- For the marinade: combine rosemary, lemon juice, lemon zest, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a large zip-lock plastic bag and mix well. Add chicken breast halves, seal bag and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes, turning the bag once or twice.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large cast-iron skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add sweet potatoes and cook for 5 minutes, until the potatoes start to become tender. Stir frequently to avoid burning. Remove from heat.
- Arrange chicken breast halves and lemon slices evenly in the same pan. Drizzle some of the remaining marinade over the sweet potatoes. Bake uncovered for about 40-45 minutes, or until chicken and potatoes are fully cooked. Enjoy!