Try this refreshing and sweet guava smoothie for a taste of the tropics at home. Just five ingredients and a quick blend is all it takes to make this easy and healthy drink for breakfast or a snack.
It only took one taste of fresh guava when I was traveling abroad to know that I would forever want to enjoy that flavor at home. Ever since then I’ve been trying and enjoying tons of guava recipes, and this guava smoothie is one I knew I had to share.
I personally love the combination of strawberries and fresh guava fruit, and I think you will too. With just a handful of other ingredients to make it creamy and balanced, it’s a sippable treat that’s refreshing on warm days, or a bright and energizing addition to breakfast.
Most of these ingredients are very simple to find, and I always recommend getting them fresh and local whenever possible.
- Almond milk – Or you can use the milk you prefer to drink.
- Guavas – Use 3 ripe guavas, with the seeds removed. Look for ones that smell sweet and are slightly tender when squeezed.
- Frozen Banana – A frozen banana makes a smoothie extra creamy so I recommend it here just like I do for my strawberry banana and kale kiwi smoothie bowls.
- Strawberries – Look for local, seasonal ones for the best flavor!
- Maple Syrup – Just a tablespoon makes it deliciously sweet. Honey or agave will work too.
- Hulled hemp seeds – Totally optional but will make the presentation nicer and your smoothie healthier.
If you need more help choosing perfect, fresh guavas you can get lots of tips in my post all about guavas and how to eat them.
Making & Serving Instructions
Prepping for this smoothie is pretty simple. If you don’t have a frozen banana ready to go, you can slice it and freeze it on a baking sheet for an hour. I like to freeze a whole bunch so I’m always ready to make a creamy smoothie.
Then just core and slice the strawberries and cut the guavas. It’s a good idea to give those a scrub to remove any wax on the rind. Removing the seeds should be easy too, just scoop them out with your fingers or a spoon. They’re totally edible if you miss some, but removing them makes your smoothie creamier.
Combine everything in the blender and just a few minutes later your creamy, sweet guava smoothie will be ready to pour into glasses. If you’d like, garnish it with a slice of strawberry or guava. They’d be the most perfect refreshing treat to serve to guests on a warm spring or summer day.
Since these are so healthy, you can also feel great whipping them up for breakfast or as a sweet treat for your kids too.
This is a very easy way to enjoy the fresh, tropical flavors of guava, which is quickly becoming a favorite fruit of mine! I hope you’ll love every sip, and don’t forget to check out my other refreshing warm season smoothie recipes while you’re here.
- Pineapple Avocado Smoothie
- Strawberry Blueberry Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Yogurt Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Raspberry Smoothie
Guava Smoothie with Strawberries and Banana
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3 guavas , seeds removed
- 1 frozen sliced banana
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- hulled hemp seeds , for topping (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients (except hemp seeds) together in a blender and blend until smooth. Sprinkle with hemp seeds and serve.